5 best features of your metrology software
It is critical for manufacturers, especially in these unprecedented times, to achieve efficiencies right across their businesses.
Users of multi-sensor metrology technology – which combines optics, sensors, lasers and probes in a single system – are already gaining a major advantage.
OGP systems have freed businesses from time-consuming traditional part inspection methods such as co-ordinate measuring machines. Techniques like handheld gauges, laser scanners and shadowgraphs all rely on the skill of an operator and are thus prone to human error and subjectivity.
But it’s by untapping the potential of metrology software that manufacturers can really score major wins over their rivals.
QC-CALC metrology software
QC-CALC is a complete statistical process control (SPC) package that analyses measurement data and enables the monitoring and controlling of processes through SPC charts and reports.
It works in real time, recording live results straight from the shop floor, and allows remote access to the network database whatever your location.
Featuring user-friendly menus and a variety of intuitive functions, QC-CALC takes just seconds to provide a precise picture of how a production line is performing.
The power to make on-the-spot decisions helps to increase efficiency, drive up product quality, increase throughput and reduce non-conformity.
If you’re a QC-CALC user, you have some amazing features at your fingertips. But are you making the most of them?
Our top 5 QC-CALC features
1. REPORTING: Reporting in QC-CALC SPC analyses data and automatically generates various charts, with reporting available in control, process and attribute charts. Miscellaneous reports cover elements such as first article inspection, non-conformance and gauge R&R.
2. RECORD FILTERING: Quickly display and report on the data needed at any given moment. Reduce on-screen clutter to quickly identify only the most critical characteristics, saving you time across your business.
3. GROUPING: Create a concise summary report by opening multiple files simultaneously across different inspection equipment. Each file can be displayed as either a spreadsheet or as plots.
4. MONITORING: As the measurement programme runs, QC-CALC Real-Time is updating its live screen while QC-CALC SPC displays the same data in another location. Monitor a single file, a group of files or the inspection machine itself and see the data in either live plots or in grid form.
5. MULTIPLE PLOTS: Due to the large number of characteristics that can be saved in each file, a secondary option is available for the reports within QC-CALC SPC. Using the Multiple Plots option provides a brief overview of the statistics for each characteristic, along with the corresponding graph for that report type.
- Want to learn more? Get in touch with OGP UK’s expert engineers.